[buug] trouble setting up /zip on FreeBSD

al plant webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Fri Jan 16 14:26:27 PST 2004

Guru Help!

 Configuring a zip drive.

I have a FreeBSD 4.4 box that works fine with Zip drives. I have another
4.4 that I can't get to configure the /zip drive.

I am now building another box using 4.9 and can't get the zip drive to
work on it either.
snd module installs and works fine BTW on all three boxes.

The error messages I get are /dev/da0s4  Device not configured.
and trying to unload the kernel module to reload it gives the same
message.

I am doing this vpo install  from old notes and I can't figure out
what's causing the configuration failure.
I also tried entering  /etc/fstab parameters same as the other box that
works.
/dev/da0s4   /zip  msdos rw,noauto  0   0

Suggestions appreciated or point me clearer to a How To. I looked on the
FreeBSD.org and that section is what I follow.

Thanks.

--
Aloha! Al Plant - Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
Providing FAST DSL Service for $28.00 /mo. Member Small Business Hawaii.