[buug] Debian 3.0r2 i386 Binary-1 & Knoppix CDs, etc.

Michael Paoli mp at rawbw.com
Sun Jul 18 15:01:19 PDT 2004

FYI, more often than not, when I attend UNIX/LINUX/Debian user group
meetings, I typically bring a small supply of Debian and Knoppix CDs.
(CD-RW media with jewel or slim-jewel case, $2.00 USD, see URL shortly
below for more information).  When in doubt, e-mail me ahead of time -
or ask at the meeting.

Anyway, similar to before ...:
http://www.weak.org/pipermail/buug/2003-December/002263.html
... except now up to
KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-17-EN
... and I guess the next release (3.0r3) of Debian stable is due out in
the not-too-horribly-distant future ... but I don't have that yet.

... and regarding that balug-talk at balug.org post (
http://www.balug.org/pipermail/balug-talk/2004-July/002792.html
)and such:

Quoting jonathan jefferies <jonathanjefferies at alamedanet.net>:

> any commentary on this side issue. I have tried
> to download Knoppix in addition to LNX-BBC (which is a
> nice emergency patcher). But trying all of the US sites -
> several of which were off line - and one brit site I
> couldn't get an entire iso image. I'll try again later.
> And bittorrent wasn't particularly helpful either.

Uhm, ... I hope at least if you're not using bittorrent, that when you
get a partial download, you're not starting again from scratch each
time, (e.g. one is using the reget command in ftp, or the -c option to
wget, or similar means to continue the download, rather than starting
from scratch).