[buug] Managing Unix user environments?

Brian Sobolak brian at planetshwoop.com
Thu Jul 22 15:00:03 PDT 2004

Stefan Lasiewski said:
> I'm looking for a recommendation on books or articles that have strategies
> for managing Unix user environments. I have shell-scripting books, I have
> system administration books, I have the man pages. None of them really
> cover
> how a good environments can enhance user and group productivity.

This is the book I'd recommend:

<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0596003307/qid=1090533363/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-2423329-4853558?v=glance&s=books>

<http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/upt3/>

Unix Power Tools has tons of tips that can enhance productivity.  The cds
has lots of little scripts that people have written.  I don't remember
that it covered zsh a lot, but most of the examples were provided in csh,
ksh, and bash/sh.

brian

--
Brian Sobolak