[buug] mfc dev with linux

Brian Sobolak brian at planetshwoop.com
Tue May 18 08:53:26 PDT 2004

johnd said:
> Anyone here have experience developing for Windows with a %100 Linux
> environment.  I'd think I could just cross compile with gcc, except for
> the
> fact that I'll be using MFC.
>
> I'm open to feedback if anyone has anything to suggest I do.

I'd look into VMWare.  You'd have to pick up a copy of Windows (I
believe), but I suspect you'll avoid issues that you'll otherwise get with
API issues.  Plus, since there are about 60+ versions of Windows (ok, I'm
exaggerating, but there is NT, XP, W2K, ME, 98, etc.) who knows what will
be supported in wine vs. what you'll want to deploy on.

brian

--
Brian Sobolak
http://www.planetshwoop.com/