[buug] Mandrake 10.0 Official and Canon i250 printer

Joseph Zitt jzitt at josephzitt.com
Sun May 23 23:41:33 PDT 2004

I am trying to use a Canon i250 USB printer with my Mandrake 10,0
(Official release) system. I hooked it up, and Mandrake appeared to do
whatever it needed to to install the printer. It shows up appropriate in
the USB viewer and CUPS interfaces.

When I try to send a test page or to print anything, nothing happens.
According to the CUPS interface, the pages print, but the printer does
nothing.

The installation seems to have been sufficiently automatic that I can't
see anything that I could have done wrong, but there's always something.
Any clues?