[buug] DNS Server and Apache on same machine

Jarell Douville jcdouville at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 20 15:09:05 PDT 2004

I'm using apache13-modssl and the version of bind that
comes default with freebsd-4.10. My named.conf,
resolv.conf, zone file is pasted below.
My domain name now is mpflea.com, but my colocation
provider's dns server is handling it and i want to
provide dns services for mpflea.net. (I'm going to use
my dns only once I know it's working because I'm not
sure if I could get locked out.)
I used the command make-localhost.
I registered mpflea.net with web.com and since bind
isn't working it doesn't find anything when I try to
add ns1.mpflea.com as a nameserver.
Let me know if I'm missing something.
Thanks for your help.

Here's my "mpflea.net" zone file:
///////////////////////////////
$TTL 3600
mpflea.net. IN SOA ns1.mpflea.com. admin.mpflea.net. (
		5		; Serial
		10800		; Refresh
		3600		; Retry
		604800		; Expire