[buug] DNS Server and Apache on same machine

Michael Paoli mp at rawbw.com
Wed Oct 20 20:37:02 PDT 2004

DNS Server and Apache on the same machine is relatively
straight-forward.  Generally speaking, they should in no
way cause problems for each other ... other, than, of
course, any problems they might cause if they
aren't configured properly - but that would apply
quite equally with Apache and DNS Server on separate systems.

If you don't already have this book, I'd well recommend it:
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/dns4/

Also, BIND is relativley unforgiving when it comes to configuration errors.
Using some type of revision control system may be advisable.
For large installations, it's often best to have automated or semi-automated
control of changes - from input validation, through change application
and validation.