[buug] Re: DNS Server and Apache on same machine

Jarell Douville jcdouville at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 21 12:34:39 PDT 2004

> What is a URL box?

I meant the address bar (i think it's called, where
you type the url in your browser's window.)
When I try to go to ns1.mpflea.com to it says it could
not be found. Even if ns{1,2}.simplihosting.com are
authoritative for mpflea.com, shouldn't my nameserver
(ns1.mpflea.com) respond somehow?

I also don't really want my nameserver to be
authoritative for mpflea.com right now, but instead
for mpflea.net. Is this possible? (I'm doing this
because if I tell my colocation company to take
mpflea.com off their dns server then if mine isn't set
up correctly I'm guessing I'd be locked out. So I just
want to test it first for mpflea.net.)

I'm lost as to what I should be focusing on right;
named seems to be working fine, but it seems like
ns1.mpflea.com still doesn't exist.

Thanks for all the help!