[buug] two urls one ip...with ssl

John de la Garza john at jjdev.com
Thu Sep 2 20:48:38 PDT 2004

actually they are know as well known ports for those services

I don't know what you experience is with this, so forgive me if I over
simplify.

When you put http in a browser it defaults to port 80

https goes to 443

if you run a website and want the user to put the domain name alone as
the url
you must run your http external listening things on port 80
and https on 443

I didn't mean to say management requires it...

Everyone expects it it is default behavior.  I have not decided this.