[buug] Connect Links in email browser

Emory Taylor emory.taylor at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 14:46:42 PDT 2005

> I am trying Thunderbisrd email browser and need to connect to links in
> emails that I receive. Any body know how to make the links work?
> The OS is FreeBSD or Debian Linux.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Al Plant
here's one way.
# in ~/.thunderbird/***.default/prefs.js
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.http", "firefox");
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.https", "firefox");
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.ftp", "whatever-the-heck-you-use");

Note there's other ways of skinning this cat.  e.g. search a good
linux forums like forums.gentoo.org or go to the mozilla forums.
there's dozens of posts if that one doesn't work for you.