[buug] Changing PostScript page size

Joseph Zitt jzitt at josephzitt.com
Tue Aug 16 00:10:19 PDT 2005

OK, I've been trying several of these tools, with better results. One
good thing is that processing files with

ps2pdf -dEmbedAllFonts=true -dPDFSETTINGS=/prepress myfile.ps myfile.pdf

seems to be handling the problems with fonts. Using ps2ps first also
seems to clear up some issues. (poster doesn't seem to address what I'm
trying to do, at least in any way that I understand.)

I'm still left, however, with the page size issue. psresize doesn't seem
to be doing the right thing, nor does the pscrop perl script that I
found at www.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~danlee/fun/pscrop
There is a possibility, though, that I'm misreading things through gv's
obscure interface. I'm also not finding a tool that tells me the page
size of a PostScript or PDF document that I've generated. I *think* I
keep ending up with 8.5x11 pages, but I'm just not sure. (Printing the
pages might show me something -- if I could get my printer working with
my Linux box, or hook it up to my Windows box and get Samba working at
all.) But the site to which I have to upload the document sees it as
bing 8.5x11 no matter what I do.

I'll keep banging on this, but I'm far from clear as to what to do next.