[buug] hide font from mozilla

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Mon Feb 7 21:53:18 PST 2005

One of the packages I installed yesterday pulled in msttcorefonts.  When
Bitstream Vera appeared on the scene, I got used to it quickly and now I
cringe at the sight of Arial and company; unfortunately, most web pages
(even Debian pages!) seem to specify something like

#leftcol {
   float: left;
   margin: 0px;
   margin-right: 0.4em;
   padding-right: 0.5em;
   width: auto;
   background: #BBDDFF;
   padding-left: 0px;
   font-size: 0.9em;
}

(cut and pasted from /debian.css).  So, how do I use css or some other
mechanism to prevent it from using Arial and make it default to
sans-serif, which maps to Vera thanks to (I think) fontconfig?

--
I wonder which is the best virus for unix and if I can write
a better one in Microsoft BASIC ?