[buug] cups_help

Karshi Hasanov karshi.hasanov at utoronto.ca
Thu Jan 6 19:16:21 PST 2005

Hi Brian,

I have FreeBSD-5.3 installed, but the ports were updated using "cvsup".  I
think I have everything for CUPS to work.
 (1)cups-base 1.1.20,
ghostscript-gnu-7.07_11,
gimp-print-4.2.7_1
cups-lpr > cups1.1.20
(2)
make.conf ==>NO_LPR=true
rc.conf =>> lpd_enable="NO"

#mv /usr/local/etc/rc.d/cups.sh.sample /usr/local/etc/rc.d/cupsd.sh
#chmod 755 /usr/local/etc/rc.d/cupsd.sh
#/usr/local/etc/rc.d/cupsd.sh start

(3) Printer : Brother HL-1030 ( driver  "HL1250.PPD" from
http://www.linuxprinting.org)

(4) Error ==> client-error-not-possible

I don't hear any noise from the printer, but the above error shows up when I
try to print.