[buug] TV tuner cards and P4 3GHz burned-in motherboard source.

Tony Godshall apgodshall at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 16:05:35 PST 2005

Here's a description of the two HDTV cards...

http://mythtv.beirdo.ca/wiki/index.php/FAQ#What_is_the_difference_between_the_air2pc_and_the_pchdtv_.28hd3000.29_Capture_Cards

Looks like the pcHDTV can decode both analog and digital TV signals, but the
firmware can't do digital-cable decode (yet, if ever)

Looks like the Air2PC can't do analog but can do both HDTV and non-HDTV
digital from both antenna and cable.

I guess if you can affort to, you should get both to cover all bases ;-)

I'm getting the pcHDTV, which is available now and is most directly compatible
with the EFF instructions.  I'm also getting an indoor HDTV antenna and back-
ordering an Air2TV.

Now to get a computer.  Can anyone recommend a good
burned-in-and-tested motherboard+CPU+memory vendor for me to put into
an existing case?  Or
should I just go down to compusa/circuit city/fry's/wherever and get a mass-
market box to get the best bang-for-the-buck?

Tony Godshall