[buug] HP Unix Workstation

Michelle michelle_berg at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 8 09:51:49 PST 2005

Hello All,

I need a little help.  I am a former Unix Admin who has been out of the game for a few years.  I am looking to return to the field, but want to brush up on old skills.  I would like to purchase a HP Unix workstation for my home, but I don't have the first clue what is or isn't good.  I am hoping some of you can give me some ideas on what to purchase.  I have gone to a number of refurbished HP UNIX boxes web sites, but again what to buy, what to buy.

Here is what I am looking to do to start:

1. Brush up on my old skills, i.e. shell scripting, line command, file and disk manipulation, etc.  Basic admin stuff and I want to run my own web server which includes cgi/perl scripting.

Anything to help.

Thanks.
Michelle