[buug] HP Unix Workstation

Shaw Vrana shaw at vranix.com
Tue Nov 8 10:36:43 PST 2005

Hi Michelle,

> 1. Brush up on my old skills, i.e. shell scripting, line command, file
> and disk manipulation, etc.  Basic admin stuff and I want to run my own
> web server which includes cgi/perl scripting.

Do you have a particular interest in HPUX?  If not, you could easily get
an old Intel box and install a version of GNU/Linux or *BSD on it.  This
would probably be the cheapest option as just about any box would do and
you'd have access to a widely used, enterprise-level Unix-like system.
Perhaps even easiest, would be to boot your current machine from a
bootable Linux distribution like Knoppix or Ubuntu.

HTH,
Shaw