[buug] Hilfe! IBM THINKPAD 240X

Gabriel Gabriel mcsx3 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 24 09:00:35 PDT 2006

Hi!  I just installed FreeBSD 6 onto my Thinkpad 240x.
 Everything seems to work just fine but, I can't get X
to run.  Apparently it is the vert and horz refresh
rates.  I can't find the right ones.  I don't have the
specs that
might have come with the computer. If I enter
frequency ranges under the "Monitor section" for the
horizontal and vertical parameters, the system hangs
(black lcd screen) and Ctl+Alt+Backspace doesn't work
-only Ctl+Alt+Del, which reboots the system.
If I enter single numbers for Horz & Vert the system
doesn't hang but I get: "(EE) Silicon Motion valid
modes found", "(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a
usable configuration" and two lines down:"Fatal server
error:" "no screens found"

I appreciate beforehand all help.  This is my 3rd
attempt to getting away from Windows.

Thanks!  Anna.