[buug] Help!

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Apr 26 15:18:13 PDT 2006

Gabriel Gabriel (mcsx3 at yahoo.com) posted for the third time (and no, I'm
not complaining, just noting the fact):

> Hi!  I just installed FreeBSD 6 onto my Thinkpad 240x.
>  Everything seems to work just fine but, I can't get X
> to run.  Apparently it is the vert and horz refresh
> rates.  I can't find the right ones.

Assuming your surmise is correct, using something like the following
in the Monitor section of your X server configuration file (X.org or
XFree86, depending) _ought_ to do the trick (but for the caveat below):

        HorizSync    48.0 - 65.0
        VertRefresh  60.0 - 75.0

Those are taken from a different ThinkPad (T42p) where X is running
fine.