[buug] DSL 768/768 line with 5 IP's

Al Plant webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Sun Jun 4 13:37:26 PDT 2006

Aloha,

I belong to a group of FreeBSD / Mac users who want to learn more of the
Internet hookups for servers.

We have acquired a DSL Line 768/768 with 5 ip addresses to learn on with
66.xxx.xxx.234 .235 .236 .237 .238
a Sub netmask of 66.xxx.xxx.248

And a Gateway of 66.xxx.xxx.233

The Tech person at the providers end however did not know how I would
connect and whether the Gateway was mine or there end.

I have a Farallon switch and a Freesco Router to connect the servers to
the incoming/outgoing dsl modem and to the (possible) 5 Servers.

(I have an existing DSL 1.5 down and 768 up. but it is only 1 IP
(66.xxx.xxx.18) and the gateway  (66.xxx.xxx.1) is at there end not
ours. It is a BNC lan with a Freesco Router which I have set up and
maintain.)

I could not get any help from the telcom in how to set this new line up
to reach them. Our telcom was sold a year ago and we have all new folks
at there end now.

Has anyone had experience connecting one of these 5 IP DSL lines?
They did say I would not not need the CSU/DSU setup like a T1 would require.

Thanks,
Al Plant

  -- Webmaster- http://hawaiidakine.com Admin- http://freebsdinfo.org --
Supporting Open Source Computing - - FreeBSD 6.* -- Debian Linux 3*
"All that's really worth doing is what we do for others."- Lewis Carroll