[buug] WiFi under Ubuntu 6.06 on Compaq Presario M2000 laptop

Joseph Zitt jzitt at josephzitt.com
Thu Jun 15 13:07:20 PDT 2006

Emory Taylor wrote:
> what type of card is it?  are you using networkmanager to deal with it?
The M2000 has a built in Broadcom BCM4306 802.11b/g device. I'm using
the Networking GUI from the Ubuntu menus to handle it -- is that
networkmanager? I've also tried gtkwifi, but that doesn't seem to do
anything at all that I can understand.
> are you having trouble with only open hot spots -- or can you even
> connect to wep and wpa ones?  A little more detail in general would be
> a big help
I'm having some trouble with each (open, WEP, and WPA). I can connect
slightly more often to open sites, but far from consistently.