[buug] (S.F.) free systems: Dell OptiPlex, models: GX110, GX1 and GX400

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Sun Mar 5 12:29:08 PST 2006

Well, when I originally sent this to BUUG and BAD (and also two other
lists), it was held, pending moderator approval.  I guess the list
defaults didn't like the number of To: addresses.  Anyway, it never got
approved (or rejected) by the moderator(s) for BUUG and BAD, so, I include
it below.  (I included all the To:'s, rather than Bcc:'s or such, so as
to hopefully avoid having lots of duplicate forwardings to various
non-profit and charitable group contacts in the area and such).

Anyway, a few update notes, then the main information further below.

Not all of the systems include Microsoft licenses sticker thingies (of
those that do, all I've noticed so far seem to be for Windows 2000
Professional).  If one, or one's group must have, or prefers units
with such licenses, or doesn't care or prefers not to have them, please
specify, so I can try to shuffle units about such that those that need
or prefer such license may have opportunity to get them (and those that
don't want them may avoid having those nasty stickers on their machines).

There are some other models included in the mix, e.g. Dell OptiPlex GX1.
If one, or one's group/organization can't make use of certain models, or
other models, please let me know that, so I can avoid providing someone
with system(s) they couldn't make use of anyway.

I've gotten a fair number of requests - not sure exactly how the balance
will work out between requests and available systems, but if you're
interested or potentially interested, drop me an e-mail note as instructed
in the earlier e-mail included below.  Also, even if we run out at the
present time, there are likely to be more in the future - and possibly the
near-term future (which may or may not be more of the same models).

----- Forwarded message from Michael Paoli <Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu> -----