[buug] largeish meeting turnout, etc.

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Thu Sep 21 22:31:46 PDT 2006

Let's see, ... I think the largest BUUG turnout in a fair while.
I think we had 8 ... at least counting all those who at least put in
an appearance, ... and 6 for most of the meeting.

Other random bits mentioned from meeting, etc.:
"Bay Area Linux Events" - useful resource for regional LINUX, UNIX,
BSD, Open Source, and related stuff in and around the Bay Area:
http://linuxmafia.com/bale/
(Ah, ... it's even linked from the main BUUG web page)

KDE & Ubuntu:
http://www.kubuntu.org/

Useful USENET newsgroup for shell stuff:
e.g. recent example using read:
news:1158851228.283025.12760 at k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com
A spattering of LINUX, UNIX, systems administration, and related
USENET news groups: