[buug] LINUX/UNIX job(s) (inside track, ...)

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Sun Apr 22 16:15:47 PDT 2007

LINUX/UNIX job(s) (inside track, ...)

At least one, and possibly two LINUX/UNIX jobs that I know of, ...
"inside track" and all that ...

First, at my present employer (I just joined them 2006-04-09), there
is this opening:
http://www.babycenter.com/about/jobs/listing/1518360
I'll probably know a lot more about the position next month when the
hiring manager returns from vacation.  It would be right along with
myself and co-workers as part of a small LINUX/UNIX systems
administrators team.  Some of the information I've gotten suggests
they're looking for roughly a mid-level (not sr., not jr.) LINUX/UNIX
systems administrator - but again, I'll probably know more about that
next month.  In the meantime, if you want to get your resume queued up,
or have some questions about the environment and company (which I'm
quickly well learning; one can also get lots of information about the
company and what they do by poking around their web sites a fair bit),
you can e-mail me at work.  For the work e-mail address, apply rot13 to:
zcnbyv at onolpragre.pbz
or use tr '[a-zA-Z]' '[n-za-mN-ZA-M]'
And the primary location for that would be in San Francisco (fairly
close to CalTrain and the ballpark).

And secondly, at least in theory there's a position with my former
employer in an environment I am very familiar with (I was there through
2006-04-06).  I'm still awaiting official word when (and presumably if)
that position opens to external candidates.  Theoretically that
happens 2007-04-10, but last I heard it's waiting on the requisite
approval of (my former team lead's manger's manager's manager ... or
perhaps even further up the chain).  Anyway, I'll provide an update on
that when (/if) I get confirmation that it's been opened to external
candidates.