[buug] Archiving encrypted mail, how

Ian Zimmerman itz at madbat.mine.nu
Thu Mar 29 10:58:06 PDT 2007

About 3 years ago I started storing every email I ever send, and I think
many people do that now.  Well I started doing it with gmail, but since
then a few things have happened such as Google cooperating with a
dictatorship, so now I keep it on my own machine.  I have my user agent
auto-insert a Bcc header with my own address.  A side benefit of doing
it this way (rather than, e.g., just appending them to a file) is that
threads in which I participate stay whole, even non-list threads.

My problem/question is how to deal with PGP encrypted mail?  Since the
encryption, in this setup, happens before the mail is sent to any of its
destinations, I get back the encrypted copy, which is useless.

Does enigmail (sp?) handle this correctly?  What about other MUAs?

--
Experience with Asset Control an asset.