[buug] Re: Pearson Education User Group Program- March '08

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Wed Apr 2 06:07:44 PDT 2008

Book interests?

Let me know before 2008-04-04 if you're specifically interested in these:

-- Sams Teach Yourself Django in 24 Hours by Brad Dayley;
www.informit.com/title/067232959X

-- C++ GUI Programming with Qt4, 2nd Edition by Jasmin Blanchette, Mark
Summerfield; www.informit.com/title/0132354160

and if so, I'll pass that information along.

references/excerpts:

    Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 10:33:13 -0400
 Subject: Pearson Education User Group Program- March '08

Hello User Group Leaders,

We hope you're enjoying the Pearson Education User Group Program,
featuring an ongoing 35% member discount, a monthly contest and a
quarterly UG Program newsletter (sent out last week). For reference, all
program details are available here: www.informit.com/usergroupwelcome
<http://www.informit.com/usergroupwelcome>

As your Linux/open source liaison, I'm writing to tell you about the new
books you will soon receive for your LUG. These include:

- Fedora Unleashed, 2008 Edition by Andrew Hudson and Paul Hudson;
www.informit.com/title/0672329778

- Essential Linux Device Drivers by Sreekrishnan Venkateswaran
<http://www.informit.com/authors/bio.aspx?a=b09c1d41-08e9-4f18-8fe6-53ef
3392ad66> ; www.informit.com/title/0132396556

We have additional new titles which I'd be happy to ship you, but you
must first reply to me with your specific picks:

-- Sams Teach Yourself Django in 24 Hours by Brad Dayley;
www.informit.com/title/067232959X

-- C++ GUI Programming with Qt4, 2nd Edition by Jasmin Blanchette, Mark
Summerfield; www.informit.com/title/0132354160

As always, please ask your members to return their support with
feedback-good, bad or indifferent! We encourage UG members to post their
opinions on Amazon.com, BN.com, Slashdot.org, or any relevant technical
site that accepts user content.  First stop: please send feedback to:
usergroups at informit.com

For Your Members: A couple more hot items!

-- Safari Books Online-Interested in Dojo or Django? If so, you can
start reading forthcoming books on these topics as they're being
written! Click here for more on the Safari "Rough Cuts" program:
http://safari.informit.com/roughcuts Or, if you're completely new to
Safari, check out our cool flash demo that will give you a great tour!
http://safari.informit.com/flashdemo

REMINDER: ONGOING MEMBER DISCOUNT!

Pearson UG members receive up to 35% off every purchase on InformIT.com
and our partner imprint sites (ciscopress.com
<http://www.ciscopress.com>  and ibmpressbooks.com
<http://www.ibmpressbooks.com> )! Just follow these easy steps for
savings:

-- Create an Informit account:
https://memberservices.informit.com/my_account/register.aspx
-- Enter the following member code: USERGROUP

-- LOGIN at any time to automatically receive the special pricing!

Please let me know if you have any questions or feedback!