[buug] Consolidating access logs from Apache cluster

Aaron Porter atporter at primate.net
Sun Apr 13 00:41:01 PDT 2008

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 10:15:53PM -0700, Wm. F. Honeycutt wrote:
>    I'm looking for a "best practices" approach to consolidating web logs from
>    a small (2 host) apache cluster.  It would be nice to write all access and
>    error log entries into a consolidated directory.

	Well, you could set apache up to log via cronolog and rotate its
logs hourly, then pull them onto a central host (scp, rsync, nfs, what
have you). Merging them into a unified log would also be possible.
	Another alternative would be to use something like multitail, a
third would be to have apache log to syslog[1].

1: http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/sysadmin/2006/10/12/httpd-syslog.html