[buug] VPN hosting and access?

Alden Meneses aldenm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 13:06:19 PDT 2008

Yes Aaron brought up a good point. What are you trying to access where a VPN
is necessary is the first question you need to ask yourself? Are there files
on your home PC that you want to access? If you don't want to use a "server"
then you may want to look at your firewall/router to see if it has VPN
capabilities. If VPN is not an option you can also use SSH to access your
workstation from the NET. You will need to know your external IP adress of
the router or use one of the many DNS services so that you can have a domain
name to your network.

Hope that helps,
Alden