[buug] Firefox video problem (attn Nathan)

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Fri Dec 19 19:59:57 PST 2008

Pewter> One is to use Internet Explorer to view pages with Flash video.
Pewter> Unfortunately, this option may be anathema to some Firefox
Pewter> users. So the other option that works is to roll back the Adobe
Pewter> Flash Player plugin for Firefox from version 9 to the last
Pewter> iteration of version 8 (8r42). If you also have IE installed,
Pewter> you can keep it using the latest version of the Flash plugin for
Pewter> IE (see below).

But isn't there a Flash 10 now?  This article and the comments there
suggest so:

http://lwn.net/Articles/299211/

(Myself, I keep the Linux box completely free of binary-only code; if a
webpage doesn't play with swfdec and I absolutely must see it, I boot
the Windows partition on the laptop.)

--
Ian Zimmerman <itz at buug.org>
gpg public key: 1024D/C6FF61AD