[buug] ANNOUNCEMENT- .. Backup, PGP

john_re john_re at fastmail.us
Sun Jun 1 01:53:29 PDT 2008

On Sat, 31 May 2008 17:42:34 -0700, "Keith Goodman"
<kwgoodman at gmail.com> said:
> On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 3:19 AM, john_re <john_re at fastmail.us> wrote:
> >
> > For the 1st meeting (tentatively June 7 Sat) some talk possibilities
> > are:
>
> I'd like to hear a talk on backup programs, especially duplicity.

Great idea. Do yo know anyone who might could give it?? Besides telling
us here, please you, & everyone, feel free to invite any qualified
person to post to this list that they'd be willing to give a talk on any
sugject of interest to you, or any other talk mentioned as desired by
anyone.

I'm kinda relying on list members to invite speakers.  "Each one invite
one." - Stone soup, kinda, donchaknow.

> BTW,
> just curious, why refer to it as a PGP key instead of a GPG key? Are
> the formats the same?

I know this little Cabal down San Mateo way, they work on computers all
night and all day. You can here 'em in the front room hacking.

So, hold tight: One guy there, name of Weisler (musta never learned that
rule "i before e"), said he'd be willing to give a talk about PGP keys &
GPG, etc.  I asked him if he would be interested in giving the talk at
the ITP. He said "perhaps".

So thank yo fr posting this question - now I have something to point him
to to show that it is not just me who might like to get some info about
this topic, and appreciate him giving us some speechifyin'.

  john_re at fastmail.us