[buug] Tom:Interested? Proposal? was:Re: Tom Belote is willing to speak about backup

john_re john_re at fastmail.us
Thu Jun 12 02:00:37 PDT 2008

Hi Tom - I guess you know (cause I've been cc'ing you on this thread) of
our members interest in hearing a backup talk.  Presuming Andrew was
telling the truth [ ;) ] about you being willing to give such a talk, it
occurred to me that it would be really great for us to hear from you
what your backup related background is, & what you suggest, or could,
talk about.  Perhaps a 1-4 paragraphs?

Are you interested?  I'm looking to hold these meetings the first
Saturday of each month, 10am-6pm. Talk times & lengths of talks tbd.  If
interested in speaking, would you like to talk at our July 5 meeting?

If you  read the mailing list, you'll see I'm putting together the
policies & procedures for this as things move along.  This description
from you could help us move to the next step.

If you're interested, will you please subscribe to buug.org's mailing
list, & send that info?

Thanks much. I look forward to hearing from you.