[buug] Thanks buug.org. Who is buug.org's web&list master...? Hosting?

Aaron Porter atporter at primate.net
Thu Jun 12 11:56:46 PDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 11:37:05AM -0700, Jon McClintock wrote:
> Say, can you recommend a good VPS provider? I'm thinking of scrapping my
> DSL line for cable, which means I'd have to find somewhere else to host
> weak.org...

	I use Rimu Hosting, they're not particularly cheap but I've been
using them since 2003 as my secondary ns/mx host and I've been very happy.
There's redwoodvirtual.com (run by BUUG member Jeremy) out of Hurricane
Electric -- prices are lower than Rimu. The SVLUG guys have been flirting
with Linode.com and I've not heard complaints.

	If you're looking for a larger system image, I'd probably suggest
a dedicated server provider like iweb.com or hetzner.de -- been working
with a groups hosted both places recently and service & connectivity seem
pretty good, located outside the US too.