[buug] GlobalITP common lug booth at linuxworld

john_re john_re at fastmail.us
Fri Jun 13 01:03:34 PDT 2008

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 21:44:01 -0700, "jim" <jim at well.com> said:

> hi, john,
>    BALUG has got a booth in the .org pavilion
> in this year's LinuxWorld. It's sharing the
> booth with other bay area LUGs and related
> groups.
>    what's needed is help "manning" the booth,
> possibly a little help with setup or teardown,
> and some promotional literature pitching each
> group. there's no requirement that a group
> must help out in order to have their literature
> on the table.
>    i seem to be the primary coordinator, at
> least for now. let me know if you're interested
> and in what way.
> jim stockford

I'd like to be able to share a booth to let people know about the (what
will hopefully by then have progressed from Berkeley to Americas to)
Global ITP (Installfest Talks Potluck) - through simultaneous events &
video streaming of talks.

A shared lug booth sounds great for me, I'd be glad to be there & tell
people about the GITP for a few hours per day, perhaps more. & maybe
some other people involved in this event might also care to help out - I
can only speak for myself.

What are the requirements & logistics? Is there a wiki page for the
booth?

Also, Jim - I invite you to join the buug.org mailing list, so you can
keep up on what's going on with the America's ITP for July 5 Saturday.

Would you like to come & give a short talk about anything?  Perhaps
about preparations for the shared lug booth at linuxworld expo?  Maybe 5
to 15 minute time slot for the talk?  Or, please let us know about any
other talk ideas you have.