[buug] Email list for B & A ITP -was: Re: Thanks buug.org. Who is buug.org's web&list master...? Hosting?

john_re john_re at fastmail.us
Fri Jun 13 01:28:48 PDT 2008

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 07:08:02 -0700, "Jon McClintock" <jammer at weak.org>
said:
> Hi there. Weak.org is me, and I host the mailing list.
>
> I started BUUG with another guy many moons ago. Aaron took over hosting
> the buug.org domain a while back, after I moved up to Seattle.
>
> > Do you have any suggestions for me for either of those options?
>
> I'd be glad to setup another list on weak.org for you. Otherwise,
> there's plenty of free list services, even Yahoo Groups.

It would really be wonderful if you would set up another list on weak!
It would allow me to baby step my way toward getting a full site going.
(By the way, what is the meaning behind "weak"?)

Would you need to charge me something, or can you do it as a volunteer
effort?

For July 5, my goal is to
1) Have the Berkeley ITP, and
2) Invite then assist any other LUGs etc that want to hold parallel
simultaneous events in their locales on July 5 & receive a talks video
streaming netcast.

So, I'm thinking it would be really great if you would be able to set up
one list for each of those items, ie two lists.  Perhaps: BITP, and AITP
or GITP (for Global, or Americas' ITP).  Would that be possible?

Thank you.

PS - If there is a lug or uug in your area, perhaps you all would like
to have a simultaneous event on July 5, and receive the netcast.  Is
there such a group in your area? Do you think people there would be
interested?