[buug] ProgLangTalkPosbility?? Installfest4Schools & other talk ideas

john_re john_re at fastmail.us
Fri Jun 13 02:28:37 PDT 2008

Andrew - would you be interested in giving any talks at the
Berkeley/Americas ITP on July 5?

Some possibilities I can think of, & you could suggesto your own topics
too. Talks can be from 5m 15m to 1hr.

1) How about 5 or 15 minute talk, perhaps a duet with Jim Burgett, about
the Installfest for Schools going on at Linux World - kinda a heads up
on planning issues 1 month in advance, for people who might be
interested in helping.

2) I'm looking in a month or so to put together a web site for the ITP.
Would Untangle's free sw be of any use for that?  Maybe not - maybe I
just need a web site, mailing list, wiki & irc channel, & Untangle
mostly does gateway for organization with IT infrastructure (ie users
with computers).  If it could be of use for me (& others creating web
presences) want to give a talk about that? 5m - 1hr, your choice?

My goal is to video stream talks to other simultaneous lug meetings, so
this could be an Americas wide audience, & a great way to reach out to
people in other areas & share with them local gnuy/linux social
development methods, & installfest for schoold.

If you think you might like to do a talk, email the buug list with a
message with subject of "ProgLangTalkPosbility Interest??" plus the
subject(s) of your talk.  See this thread for details, starting aat
section "4)":
http://www.weak.org/pipermail/buug/2008-June/003099.html
http://www.weak.org/pipermail/buug/2008-June/003100.html

-----
PS I emailed Tom B & asked what he could talk about on Backups, havent
heard from in 1 day - Do you know if he's interested n talking on July 5
Sat?