[buug] Lugradio.org, Newgrange was: Re: ProgLangTalkPosbility ...

john_re john_re at fastmail.us
Sat Jun 14 22:42:45 PDT 2008

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 11:52:11 -0700, "Chris Miller"
<lordsauronthegreat at gmail.com> said:
> john_re wrote:
> > On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 14:16:00 -0700, "Chris Miller"
> > <lordsauronthegreat at gmail.com> said:
> > Where will you be on July 5?  Perhaps if you are near an location that
> > is hosting a simultaneous ITP you could be our personal representative.
>
> I'll be on vacation in England celebrating the end of high school and
> the beginning of a whole new can of worms.   Not in a position to do
> much, as I'll be ecstatically visiting all the dead white people I've
> read about for the past 18 years.

Two suggestions if you can make them:
1) Lugradio.org - somewhat similar to BITP. they came to San Francisco
in about March.
http://www.lugradio.org/live/  Go to LugRadio Live UK 2008, happening
July 19-20th in Wolverhampton, UK
http://lugradio.org/live/UK2008/
http://lugradio.org/performance/

Will you be there then? (every 2 weeks) Think you can make it?

2) Newgrange, Ireland - the oldest still standing building in the world.

http://www.knowth.com/newgrange.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newgrange
http://toolserver.org/~magnus/geo/geohack.php?pagename=Newgrange&params=53_41_39.73_N_6_28_30.11_W_
http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.694369,-6.475031&spn=0.3,0.3&t=k&q=53.694369,-6.475031