[buug] Carpool from Berkeley ThursJune26 to PenLUG

john_re john_re at fastmail.us
Wed Jun 25 23:36:15 PDT 2008

Ride offered from Berkeley if you will split gas/bridgetoll. Email me
your phone # & what city you want a ride from. (Through either SF or
could be Hayward - you let me know.)

Or, I'll split gas/bridgetoll if you want to drive.

===
PENINSULA LINUX USERS' GROUP (PenLUG) PRESENTS:

   |Date:    |Thursday, June 26th, 2008                            |
   |---------+-----------------------------------------------------|
   |Time:    |meeting 7:00 - 9:00 PM, social/networking until 10 PM|
   |---------+-----------------------------------------------------|
   |         |Bayshore Technology Park                             |
   |Location:|1300 Island Drive                                    |
   |         |Redwood City, CA 94065                               |
   |         |Suite 106 - Training Room                            |

  David Weekly, Tinkering Before Millions

   How to take a hobby hack and turn it into a service used by millions
   (and
   hopefully that MAKES millions).

   David Weekly is the founder and CPO of PBwiki. PBwiki is the world's
   largest business wiki host and is home to over 500,000 communities,
   including groups at over at third of the Fortune 500. He graduated as
   President Scholar from Stanford in 2000 with a BS in Computer Science
   and
   has worked for such institutions as Harvard Physics, MIT Lincoln
   Labs,
   Stanford Graphics, atWeb, Legato, and There.com. David wrote the
   first
   layman's level description of MP3 in early 1997, reverse engineered
   the
   Napster protocol in an evening, and was a finalist in the ACM
   International Programming Competition. David lives in a Cupertino
   mansion
   with seven others (he's the sommelier) and throws periodic all-night
   hackathons called SuperHappyDevHouse there. David is an adviser to
   several
   Bay Area startups, including Jaxtr, KiteDance, MusicManagement, and
   IncentAlign. He last spoke at PenLUG in November 2006.