[buug] Berk TIPP Success, July5 Sat next meeting, new mailing list, coming

john_re john_re at fastmail.us
Sat Jun 28 23:17:34 PDT 2008

Hi - just a short note:

1) the June7 1st Berkeley Talks Installfest Potluck meeting was a great
success & 14 people came, half from only one day's advance notice,

2) July 5 Saturday, one week from today is the next meeting. The goal
will be to have both a Berkeley meeting, & set up some simultaneous
meetings throughtou the Americas & stream or download talk videos, &
have IRC & VOIP for people to communicate.  Mark your calendars.
Hopefully 10a-6p, hopefully on UCB campus. This meeting will add video
talks & a programming party.

3) I'm preparing to set up two maling lists for this event in the next
day or so, - one for the Berkeley meeting, one for the organizers of the
simultaneous Americas meetins.

4) I'll be sending out announcements about all this to LUGs etc in the
next day or two.

5) I'm doing this on a volunteer for the community, part time basis
while I've got lots of other responsibilities.  It is a best efforts,
stone soup, you make your own luck, self reliant, nothing guaranteed,
let's all learn something, be productive, & have some fun effort on my &
everyone's part.

c ya.