[buug] Berk InstFest Talks Potluck- 2) Please RSVP %

john_re john_re at fastmail.us
Wed May 28 12:48:25 PDT 2008

On Wed, 28 May 2008 09:06:26 -0700, "PR" <oly562 at charter.net> said:
> Mplayer is the the defacto linux standard for media/video. At least that
> is what I have seen.  Gnome/Kde desktops should have no problem there.
> Im sure there are windowmakers/managers that people love the most, but
> for most people, either new to nix or not concerned with bloat,
> Gnome/Kde and Mplayer should suffice. Besides, people who are more
> advanced will be able to figure it out ;)  enjoy.

Thanks. - How about the tranxmitting end?  I think I'd like to use a
webcam for the transmission. What sw would be best to use?

Also, I think we should get an IRC channel, so we also have that method
to communicate in real time.

Also, I think it would be good if you would email me directly (not
necessary to send it to the list) a phone # I can call yo at as we try
to get the vid xmission going - phone much faster throughput than irc
for solving problems.  Email me your #, if that;s ok.

Thanks.

  john_re at fastmail.us