[buug] BerkeleyTIP, Speedtest -was Re: Linux video sites?

Pewter Bot pewterbot9 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 21:57:50 PDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 7:18 PM, john_re <john_re at fastmail.us> wrote:

{{ Also, re your question later in this thread, speedtest.net, use in
the firefox browser, needs flash, is a good tool for checking your up
& down inet connection speed. }}

Using noscript, I gave permission to that site: very nice. Testing
from the Cafe Mediterraneum in Berkeley, here are the results:

4.2 Mb/s download
0.56 Mb/s upload

Now, to compare the results with "broadband speedtest" at [
http://www.testmy.net ]:

2.63 Mb/s download
0.4 Mb/s upload

Interesting difference, though easily explained by Rick Moen's wget
bare-bones approach, which I will soon employ.

--
"A government is only as good as its operating system."