[buug] Xen sational!

Eddy Mulyono eddymul at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 11:08:52 PDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 12:09 AM, Pewter Bot <pewterbot9 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Another excellent BUUG gathering last night. Highlighted by Red Hat
> disciple Larry's armchair presentation of the Xen virtual machine.
> Though newbie, I was not the only person there who was not aware of
> the Xen phenomenon. So I got online once home, (my curiosity piqued)
> and found these most interesting Xen sites:
>
> Xen Virtual Machine Overview
> http://en.opensuse.org/Xen_Virtual_Machine_Overview
>
> Red Hat Wants Xen In Linux Kernel
> http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/11/01/0444221

Since that article was written in 2005, I think Redhat has changed
directions, these days, to bet on KVM

http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Main_Page

And, yes, KVM is in the Linux Kernel (since 2.6.20?)

Redhat even acquired Qumranet, which is one of the main funder for the
development of KVM.

I am not trying to dis-credit Xen. I'd figure that while you're in the
mood for open source virtualization, I'd share some more pointers.  :)

Happy hacking,

-Eddy