[buug] Shuttleworth thinks Oracle/Sun deal is great news

Pewter Bot pewterbot9 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 18:58:33 PDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 4:29 PM, Alex Birch <kes at lifesabirch.org> wrote:

{{ They say that the enemy of my enemy is my friend, right? }}

The Oracle speaks of many things...interpretation, however, leaves
much to be resolved...IOW, a Paradox from the Land of Bor..

{{ Personally I prefer Postgres but I won't start a holy war here. }}

The acquisition of Sun by Oracle is a historical shift  for good or
bad...I figured it was worthy to note. Personally, I stand against
monopoly, and in favor of diversity.

As for "holy war", we are creatures of ideology no matter what the
subject matter. Gather your strength points wisely!

{{ This may free OpenOffice from the hegemony of Sun developers. }}

I hadn't thought about that possibility, which would be a nice
outcome. Leave the two giants Sun and Or to enjoy their domestic
partnership while the honeymoon lasts...and the stepchild may slip
away to greener pasture!

Thanks much for your insight; Alex. you are far more informed than
myself, in this topic.

--
Zeke Krahlin
City of the Undead