[buug] Atheros wifi & Ubuntu

Grant Bowman grantbow at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 12:06:05 PST 2009

Very interesting find!  I didn't see what chipset that uses.  Please
let the list know how that works for you.

The drivers for the different chipsets have interesting histories.
The latest info seems available from http://linuxwireless.org/   This
writeup from 2007 is fascinating about the different Linux drivers at
the time.  Unfortunately it's getting a bit dated.

http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/Linux.Wireless.drivers.802.11ag.html

I would suggest pairing your omni directional antenna with one of
these http://www.freeantennas.com/projects/template2/index.html made
from foil and a few manilla folders as it will give you about 12 dbi
more gain.

Cheers,

--
-- Grant Bowman                                   <grantbow at gmail.com>