[buug] [OT?] Software Engineering, Microsoft, funny(?)

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Fri Jul 3 07:59:35 PDT 2009

Perhaps/likely mostly semi-/rather/highly? off-topic, but in any case

If you were at the BUUG meeting yesterday evening, you may have gotten
to hear a dramatic reading of ... :-) (unfortunately I don't think quite
everyone was there at the same time, due to some variability in folks
arrival/departure schedules ... perhaps also due to holiday weekend and
such).

Anyway, ... some wee bits of software engineering points of (rather
broad and general) note, but, mostly a (somewhat/rather) tongue-in-cheek
(and hopefully enough trace of humor to help ease the pain a bit)
commentary upon a too typical example one of many reasons I tend to
quite dislike Microsoft.

I'd sent this email to a fair chunk of my coworkers (to a technical
list/alias, and CCed to a broader, but lower priority semi-random stuff
type list/alias also).

So, without (much) further ado (very slightly redacted, and I dropped
out the not-so-interesting reference at the end to a fair bit of an
earlier email I'd sent) ...