[buug] Ubuntu 8.10 update: wifi connect!

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Sun Mar 15 09:34:53 PDT 2009

Pewter> Quoting from his paqe: "Wireless without the nonsense for Ubuntu
Pewter> Linux. No headaches, just working wireless - models described
Pewter> are the Edimax EW-7318USG and EW-7318UG - Goto NewEgg.com for
Pewter> both - just use site search. "

Those are the adapters I have been using, after some frustration of my own
with atheros (though I was able to use atheros with the madwifi driver, the
problem being madwifi is out-of-tree and got out of sync with the kernel).

The Edimax cards work just fine with the rt2x series of drivers, which
have been in the kernel tree for a while.

Ian Zimmerman <itz at buug.org>
gpg public key: 1024D/C6FF61AD
fingerprint: 66DC D68F 5C1B 4D71 2EE5  BD03 8A00 786C C6FF 61AD
Ham is for reading, not for eating.