[buug] Best XP emulator?

Wm. F. Honeycutt bill.honeycutt at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 12:31:53 PDT 2009

So you're trying to get windows drivers running under Ubuntu for a
webcam?  IMHO, you would be spending your time more profitably by
learning how to install your hardware with native Linux drivers.

At the very least, try posting the model number of your hardware and
as much information as you can about how Linux detects the camera when
you plug it into USB.

A good place to start might be to plug the device into your computer
and examine the output from `dmesg` command.  What kind of messages
are generated?

Try this link:

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Webcam-HOWTO/hardware.html