[buug] BerkeleyTIP, Speedtest -was Re: Linux video sites?

Pewter Bot pewterbot9 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 20:38:28 PDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 7:18 PM, john_re <john_re at fastmail.us> wrote:

{{ The BerkeleyTIP videos page is an excellent resource }}

Excellent, thanks! I've just begun creating my own "Linux Newbies" playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=3CC63E6268CFB847

It even includes the latest "SVLUG Kernel Walkthrough", thanks to R.
Moen's alerting me to their site. Turns out their videos also appear
on youtube...which actually makes sense come to think on it. What I'll
do is see if the references you've cited have also uploaded there.
Otherwise, I'll just post links to their videos...or with their
permission, transfer them directly to my playlist.

{{ Also, re your question later in this thread, speedtest.net, use in
the firefox browser, needs flash, is a good tool for checking your up
& down inet connection speed. }}

Great! Being a newbie, I wasn't sure if this "broadband speed test" page:

http://www.testmy.net/

would give me an accurate read. I will be most interested on comparing
its results to those resources you've suggested.

Cheers, john_re! And always remember the following sage advice:

--
"A government is only as good as its operating system."