[buug] Color laser printer compatibility

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue May 12 11:13:32 PDT 2009

Quoting Claude Rubinson (rubinson at u.arizona.edu):

> The old linuxprinting.org was a best of breed, hearkening back to the
> days of HOWTOs that were both useful and up-to-date.

In the middle of the most recent BUUG discussion about printing, some
months back, I was driven to write directly to Grant Taylor, solely to
send him fanmail.  I wanted to go out of my way to merely say thanks, to
say that I really appreciated his work on that site.

I also dropped into that fanmail a particular thanks for the Suggested
Printers page, saying that _if_ he ever felt like maintaining such
a page again, I'd be enthusiastically recommending it to people, as I
did the old one.

Grant did reply back, was clearly pleased at the unexpectedly nice mail,
and is indeed considering getting back into the game -- but, I'm sure,
not right this minute.