[buug] Using swap on an SSD...or not.

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Oct 1 16:39:55 PDT 2009

Quoting Zeke Krahlin (pewterbot9 at gmail.com):

> The Firefox folk seem to be shooting themselves in the foot...er,
> "paw". IceWeasel here I come!

Just so you know:  the gconfd dependency I cited is _with Iceweasel
(Debian Firefox) -- in this case, v. 3.0.6.

As an aside, articles like this make me glad of any degree of
independent maintenance at the Debian Project, however, small:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13739_3-9776759-46.html

(You need to consider the NoScript, AddBlock or AdBlock Plus,
CustomizeGoogle, and User Agent Switcher extensions, if you haven't
already.  Also, I've just disabled Preferences, Security, checkboxes
"Tell me if the site I'm visiting is a suspected attack site" and
"Tell me if the site I'm visiting is a suspected forgery", because
I have no desire to have Iceweasel's Phishing and Malware Protection
routes check in with Google every 30 minutes to refresh blocklists,
and no desire to have my browser report back on any aspect of my
browsing activy, e.g., my visits to a "reported phishing or malware site",
to Google.)