[buug] Iceweasel / Firefox (was: Using swap on an SSD...or not.)

Pewter Bot pewterbot9 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 00:18:24 PDT 2009

On 10/1/09, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

> Just so you know:  the gconfd dependency I cited is _with Iceweasel
> (Debian Firefox) -- in this case, v. 3.0.6.

 : (

> As an aside, articles like this make me glad of any degree of
> independent maintenance at the Debian Project, however, small:
> http://news.cnet.com/8301-13739_3-9776759-46.html

Among the comments was some rather persuasive opposition. My head hurts.

> (You need to consider the NoScript, AddBlock or AdBlock Plus,
> CustomizeGoogle, and User Agent Switcher extensions, if you haven't
> already.

Thanks for points well made. I've tightened my security on Firefox
now, too. But there is no way I'm going to limit my 'net activities to
text only! I presume that you believe IceWeasel or IceCat to be the
lesser of the security/privacy evils of all multimedia browers, at
this moment in cybertime?

--
Think Google's kewl? Think again:
http://www.google-watch.org/