[buug] mail threading [Was: Iceweasel / Firefox]

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Fri Oct 2 01:10:17 PDT 2009

*** SIGH *** Time for my fav^H^H^Htedious email etiquette lecture ***SIGH ***

What email client ("mail user agent") do you use?  Your posts
consistently break threads.  This is really annoying for those of us who
are used to well-bahaved clients like mutt, Gnus or claws.  Even
Thunderbird does much better than this; if you don't want to invest time
right now in learning the more complex programs, please consider
Thunderbird (icedove in debian).

If you don't know what "breaking a thread" means, I'll give a hint and a
link.  Hint: a thread is *not* a set of posts with the same (or similar)
Subject.

Link:
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc0822.txt

(section 4.6.2)